Exclude Zoom from GlobalProtect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Exclude Zoom from GlobalProtect

L3 Networker

Hello,

I'm working on excluding Zoom from GlobalProtect.  I came across this article

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PPDSCA4&lang=en_US%E2%80%A...

For windows, there is an error, instead of excluding %AppData%\Roaming\Zoom, you just need to use %AppData%\Zoom, as %AppData% already takes you into the roaming folder.   With this correction, I'm not seeing any issues on Windows OS

For macOS, I'm not having any success.  If I exclude path /Applications/zoom.us.app/Contents/MacOS/zoom.us , the users cannot even join a meeting.  They get an "unable to connect" message.   I tried removing ".app" from the path.  This allows them to connect but I see zoom-meeting (443/8801) traffic going through the firewalls.

I should not this is all without excluding any of the domain names

Has anyone been able to get this to work on macOS?

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Perhaps something to try, if you go to your GlobalProtect Gateway settings, exclude video traffic without needing to specify application path?

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.59.20 AM.png

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

@LAYER_8 thanks for the response.   I was able to get it working.  The issue I was having was due to a sophos limitation.  Seems to be fixed in their latest version

@securehops Did you remove the application exclusions completely and still have it work? I have noticed my MacOS users are having some issues with the failure to connect until they connect to the VPN for the first time.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!