External DNS resolution + Globalprotect 5.2.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

External DNS resolution + Globalprotect 5.2.4

L0 Member

We had Paloalto Globalprotect VPN version 5.0.9 on our environment. We recently upgraded our VPN client to Globalprotect version 5.2.4. Right after then I see issue in resolving external dns as shown below. 

After connecting to globalprotect VPN, When I try to do nslookup for any external website, resolution happens using internal dns server within our network but not through 8.8.8.8.

Moment I disconnect my globalprotect vpn session, I am able to resolve (do nslookup) for public website using google dns.

Has anyone faced this issue and have a solution?

Works not:

C:\Users>nslookup google.com 8.8.8.8
Server: UnKnown
Address: 8.8.8.8

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** UnKnown can't find google.com: Non-existent domain

Works fine:

C:\Users>nslookup google.com
Server: <internal dns server>
Address: <Internal DNS Server>

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: google.com
Addresses: 2607:f8b0:4004:82a::200e

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Are you using split tunnel along with app/split tunnel traffic and dns. if so then some bugs were ironed out in 5.2.5.

L0 Member

Did you find a resolution to this? I am experiencing similar issues while attempting to do an nslookup using external DNS servers.

can you go into more detail with client version and GP app setting for split tunnel DNS.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!