Global Protect disconnects several times a day

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect disconnects several times a day

L1 Bithead

Our VPN users are complaining that after being connected for over 1 hour they get disconnected by global protect.  They have to close global protect and reopen to connect back.  We have remote customer service agents that get disconnected up to 4 to 5 times a day. We are running global protect version 2.3.3-5.   We have opened a ticket with support and have escalated and had no success.  Anybody else having this issue?   Any luck getting resolved.

9 REPLIES 9

L3 Networker

what type of firewall and version of PanOS would help as well

I am not experiencing, but I have not upgraded my users to 2.3.3 because I am (still) waiting for a better upgrade and delivery system.

3020s running 7.0.3

I would try upgrading to 7.0.4, much better "production" release.

86803 Fixed an intermittent issue where the idle timer for GlobalProtect IPSec tunnels either did
not expire appropriately (such as when the tunnel was torn down) or expired at the
configured idle time expiration even when a user was actively using the connection. With
this fix, the GlobalProtect IPSec tunnel idle timer behaves as expected.

It is fixed in 7.0.4 and 6.1.8 (allthough it isn't mentioned in the 6.1.8 release document)

Can confirm it is working on 6.1.8 and 7.0.4, you should REALLY upgrade to the 7.0.4 release, it is night and day in comparison to the 7.0.1-7.0.3 releases.

-Sindre

We upgraded to 7.0.4 on 1-9-2016 and still having problems with global protect disconnects.  Any other ideas?

sure there isnt an issue with the Internet or something down the line along their route to using VPN?

This is affecting several customer service agents that work from their home in different parts of the US.  It has been escalated to Palo Alto engineering now.  Still no resolution.

From the logs on the client I see that the service sees a packet that seems to corrupted and this causes the service to close the connection.

(T15964) 12/22/15 10:17:52:802 Error( 306): read(zero byte) failed: 0 >>>>> !!!
(T15964) 12/22/15 10:17:52:802 Info ( 184): Error processing receive data from client>>>>> !!!
(T15964) 12/22/15 10:17:52:802 Info ( 190): close client socket
(T15992) 12/22/15 10:17:52:894 Debug( 142): CheckPanGpAgentThread: PanGPA process 15984 exits, ret is 00e88eb0.
(T15992) 12/22/15 10:17:52:894 Debug( 150): GlobalProtect agent terminates unexpectedly. Skip StopThreads().>>>>> !!!

Everytime we close out the connection, it is because of this packet that we see. On the firewall I see that the client disconnects with the firewall.

As of now Support nor Engineering has an answer.

L0 Member

I'm having this issue currently.  Has anyone found the fix?

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!