Global Protect VPN Disconnects Local Network Resources After 4 Hours

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect VPN Disconnects Local Network Resources After 4 Hours

L0 Member

Apologies if this is a simple fix / stupid question.  We have a group of users who need to use the GP VPN to access certain online resources provided by another company.  After about 4 hours with the VPN connected, we lose all access to local network resources i.e. network drives).  Only shutting down the VPN will bring them back.  Is there a time constraint that can be configured; better yet, turned off?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JacobBuddeCCI,

Sounds like your likely running into a user-id timeout and this is killing their access to resources when that mapping is cleared. Under normal conditions, simply being authenticated and connected via GlobalProtect would keep that mapping current. That being said, there's various different ways that behavior could be modified that would cause this mapping to age-out even when you're connected. 

I would simply bring this up to the other company though; without access to administer the system it's not like you're going to be able to change the behavior. If the other company comes back that they can't find anything, then I might prod them to look into the user-id logs, but generally this would just be a part of troubleshooting the reported problem when they review the traffic logs. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!