Global Protect VPN installation on Mac OS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect VPN installation on Mac OS

L1 Bithead

Hi. My IT provider can't assist in setting up / configuring my Global Protect VPN for WFH. We are talking Vodafone Business here, and for over a week, we have been unsuccessful, had various reinstallations and the message is still "Gateway GP-Gateway: the network connection is unreachable or the gateway is unresponsive. Check the network connection and reconnect."

Quoting Vodafone Business: "Following the request you forwarded to us with reference xxxxx, we reinstalled a new certificate on the Firewall. Created a new user for testing and we still can't connect the Macintosh to the VPN.
The same user on Windows works correctly. We also validated traffic coming from the outside and it is all allowed. We receive no authentication requests on the firewall from the Macintosh."

I'm running through a 4G network (or wifi at home) and the machine is a 2021 M1 Mac, with the latest OS.

Can anyone help?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, problem solved. Provider added more validity time to the certificates and this suddenly seems to have unblocked the situation. Other than (another) reinstall of the Global Protect software, nothing else was done on my side. 

Issue closed (so far). Thanks for caring and your support @BPry 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JFontes,

Has your IT Provider asked you for the client side logs? Can you connect via a Windows machine at your house or through your 4G network connection? Have you allowed the kernel extension after installing GlobalProtect so that the service itself is actually allowed to communicate with the agent? 

@BPry ,

thanks for the inputs. No logs have been requested, but apparently they can connect via a Windows-based machine. I cannot connect through the 4G network, nor through home wifi. 

I have given all permissions requested in the installation procedure. But, in case something has failed in that respect, where would I re-check that the kext has the required permission?

Hi, problem solved. Provider added more validity time to the certificates and this suddenly seems to have unblocked the situation. Other than (another) reinstall of the Global Protect software, nothing else was done on my side. 

Issue closed (so far). Thanks for caring and your support @BPry 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!