Global protect with IPsec

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global protect with IPsec

L1 Bithead

Hello,

one of my customer is using global protect with IPsec.
when he turn off the internet in his pc,GP disconnects from the machine as expected.
but in gateway-remote users , the user is still showing as connected and able to observe the same through gateway connected users in cli.
There are no logout events generated in systems logs as well.
the tunnel is still active in tund.logs.
after the inactivity log out of 2 hrs, the tunnel disconnects and the user is not shown under gateway current users/remote users.
I was able to replicate this in my lab with 5.0.4 and 5.1.1.
It works fine with SSL GP, where the logout events are created in system logs when user turns off the internet.
is this expected behavior in GP with ipsec?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Logout is always best effort.

Client tries to send the log out event but it may not reach the server due to network changes etc. Client will tear down the tunnel but the gateway may not know. It is then torn down on the timeout specified on the firewall.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi snimshad,

Were you able to consistently replicate the logout event registering only for SSL and not for IPSEC?

Regards,

Varun

Hi Varun,

Yes, I was consistently able to replicate logout events for SSL but not for IPsec.

Regards,

Sanjith

Logout is always best effort.

Client tries to send the log out event but it may not reach the server due to network changes etc. Client will tear down the tunnel but the gateway may not know. It is then torn down on the timeout specified on the firewall.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!