GlobalProtect appweb3 exhaust Mgmt CPU % due to large amount of users

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect appweb3 exhaust Mgmt CPU % due to large amount of users

L0 Member

GlobalProtect 

Hi Everyone, 

I experienced issue with GlobalProtect. At the start of the day, appweb3 will spike up abnormally to like 95%. 

From the traffic logs we noticed a lot different user trying to access GP. However the timing was exact the same for all the users and it stretches across many pages.

From KB below I understand that the appweb3 (sslvpn) process supports a maximum rate of 100 requests/second. And the large amount of users caused appweb3 to exhaust the Mgmt CPU %.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u000000sY2iCAE&lang=en_US%E2%80%A...

However, I could not find out the reason why is there such amount of user logging in at the same time and even exact to second.

Those users are legitimate users and of different IP addresses.

This issue occurred after I patched from PanOS 9.1.13 h-3 to 9.1.14.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Wenwei_Y,

I've seen a few reports that could point towards a bug in 9.1.14 for the sslvpn process. I'd file a TAC case and provide your logs so that it can be analyzed and reported if it's an actual process bug. 

Hi @BPry ,

Thank you for the response. May I know are there any official article/report regarding this bug? Are the reports you had seen available for us?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!