GlobalProtect stops responding

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect stops responding

L3 Networker

After upgrading from 9.1.13-h to 9.1.14 issue was noticed  (not sure if it was present earlier) - in about a week/two GlobalProtect stops responding - even portal page is not opening from the browser, so also GP client connection fails. It is not getting to authentication or anything further. Portal IP is responding in general - pings are fine and even initial TCP 3-way handshake is seen in the captures.

HA failover to secondary helps. Rebooting failed device helps. Rebooting only dataplane also helps.

Took some information and will research that, not going too deep here, but, by any chance, has anyone seen something like this?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@nikoo,

I'd open a support ticket with TAC just to verify if anyone else is reporting this behavior. I've ran into this at various times due to previous software issues exactly as you've described with failover and restarts working, and it usually happens that simply restarting the  sslvpn process is enough to get things fully functional without a failover of any sort. 

Seems like we've had a few different reports of issues with 9.1.14 though, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there's a process issue in that release at the moment. 

L3 Networker

@BPry.,

Thank you for the input - TAC case will be the way to go, that's for sure.

Tried sslmgr, rasmgr, webssl process restarts and debugs to try and narrow down the issue, but did not help - dataplane restart was the last straw.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!