GlobalProtect License Portal or GP license Gateway?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect License Portal or GP license Gateway?

L0 Member

Hi all, 

I need a clarify about GP Portal license and GP Gateway license. Which one is needed for clientless VPN?

I have this PA-850 and running on PanOS 9.0.13, on support portal it shown that I have GP Gateway license active but GP Portal license is expired. As far as i know we only need Globalprotect license to use more features, but the support portal made me confused.

febriantofitranto_0-1643298903445.png

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Even I am getting same error could not connect to Gate way this feature or device requires subscription license this is the error I am getting

L3 Networker

In case someone else is trying to get an answer to this (I'm sure the original participants in this thread already did).

The Clientless VPN feature of GlobalProtect requires a "GlobalProtect Gateway" license. Same goes for HIP related features, mobile app support, etc:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/9-1/globalprotect-admin/globalprotect-overview/about...

Also the "GlobalProtect Portal" license is discontinued:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClG0CAK

However, there is A LOT of GlobalProtect functionality that is available without the need of a license. A lot of deployments, don't need a license. I would recommend to confirm the feature needed is not part of the standard (without license) functionality in order to avoid an unnecessary purchase.

Cyberforce Commander.
Don't forget to hit that Like button if a post is helpful to you!
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!