GlobalProtect problem on Mac when menu bar icon is hidden

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect problem on Mac when menu bar icon is hidden

L0 Member

I just upgraded from an older MacBook Pro to a newer one. The new MacBook has a smaller menu bar, due to a built-in camera that is housed in a "display notch", which hides part of the menu bar. See https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/hide-notch-macbook-pro/

The menu bar displays fewer icons, so some icons are simply "hidden". For apps like GlobalProtect, this is a *big* problem. Without access to the GlobalProtect icon, the user has no way to make GlobalProtect do a "connect" or "disconnect".

One work-around for this is to make sure you move the GlobalProtect icon over to the left side of the menu bar, so that it is always visible even on small displays. Otherwise, you won't be able to use GlobalProtect. Other choices involve installing third-party apps to handle the menu bar more flexibly.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Ooops, I meant "move the GlobalProtect icon over to the right side of the menu bar", not the left side.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

Ooops, I meant "move the GlobalProtect icon over to the right side of the menu bar", not the left side.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!