Globalprotect tries to connect then goes back to 'Connect' button

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Globalprotect tries to connect then goes back to 'Connect' button

L0 Member

Having one computer that has issues with the GP client. I have tried GP version 4.8, 5.2, and 6.1 and various means of having them update or refusing to update etc.  I have restarted the computer, uninstalled and deleted app data and Program Files folders. Removed every trace of registry entries. Etc etc

This single computer just will not connect. Now, if I install 4.8 it will connect, say it needs to upgrade and download 6.1 and install but after that it will not connect.  I do not understand where the disconnect is with this one computer.

Also.. even after removing all appdata/program files/registry, when re-installed GP still retained the SAML login info. Something I'm missing?

I don't want to swamp the post in logs but if someone wants one in particular to help, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

wouldn't hur to take a look at the logs...   try to connect at an exact time..... then just post the "pangps" file content from that time onwards.

L0 Member

Thanks for responding.  In the end we re-imaged the machine and that fixed it.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!