Greetings Palo Alto!
I'm having PA Globalconnect at work and, to be fair, the official client is so bad that I have to use opensource compatible version "openconnect". Sometimes this is not recommended by companies; so:
1) Please make the Wayland tray icon support as well as fully good-quality CLI support (neither of these are available at any of the versions I've tried). Older versions are nothing but even worser, sadly. Open-source tool "Openconnect" is an example of good tool with CISCO and PANGP SSL VPN support which already is better then the official client from PANGP.
2) Also it would be nice if they provide packages as in good supported product formats:
* Both 32 and 64 bit
* Both ARM and X86_64
* Compiled against (1) glibc (as now) and (2) musl-c (for alpine etc.)
* Verifiable sources
Packages of the following deployment formats (bare minimum):
* Tar.gz (you already have)
* DEB + SRCDEB
* RPM + SRCRPM
* Pkgbuild (Arch linux sources or autobuild scripts)
* APK (for alpine)
Additionally would be good to have:
* Snap packages
This is already over 100 packages that should be published in one location with SHA-256 or MD5SUMs so they can be verifiable and accessible to everybody. Plus repositories for popular distributions like Arch, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian etc. This is the minimum level of support that should have a corporate VPN tool 🙂
I'm (and the Linux community also!) counting on you guys!
Oh and last but not least, hiding your clients behind registration that is broken and does not work is a worst ever idea. Downloads of these clients ^^ I was just describing should be open and public at all times. Because what you're doing right now leading to the following: people who cannot find VPN Client are having to dig the internet to find when somebody published a suitable version, hence, using the app from not verified sources, because the download section on the website is unavailable. This is crazy unsafe.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!