Send Logs from GlobalProtect App on iOS managed via Intune

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Send Logs from GlobalProtect App on iOS managed via Intune

L2 Linker

Does anyone else have issues on iOS sending logs from the GlobalProtect client to email when the device is managed via Intune?

We manage our devices via Intune and use the MS Outlook app for email.  We are having an issue with the GlobalProtect app and are working with support and they need the logs from this iOS device.  When trying to do the Send Logs from the GlobalProtect app, we get the message "Email is not configured.  Troubleshooting information cannot be sent."  We have tried to configure an email account within the native Mail app as well and that account does send and receive email fine.  We still get the same error when trying to Send Logs.

We also tried to remove the Outlook app so the only app that handles email would be the Mail app.  The GlobalProtect app still cannot send logs.  Same error.

Support says there is no other way to get logs from this device.  We have requested an enhancement request for a secondary solution to be able to obtain GP logs from devices.

We need to have this device remain managed with Intune so it receives the proper GP configuration and user certificates for authentication.

Anyone else have any ideas or run into this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

I cannot really assist here but to confirm... yes we have the same issue...  although any ios issues seem to be global so we  just use an unmanaged device to replicate the issue... split tunnel/proxy errors etc and forward logs via ios email.

L2 Linker

I really would like to know why it is so hard for Palo Alto to be able to attach the zipped log file to an email of the default email program on a device.  Or why can't they zip the file and put in the "files" app so it can be manually attached to an email.

The GP app is aggregating the logs and doing a zip.  I feel like it would be pretty simple to open the default email app and compose a new email and attach the zip file.  I'm not a developer though..

Perhaps never requested, not all devices are managed..

also...  prob more to do with ios address space....  bit tekky for me...

just realised i have the issue for a different reason, our intune profile hides all of the local ios apps from the user, thats why they cannot send logs.  And now I cant remember if we ever got this to work as we do have a group setting for no hiding of local apps purely for this issue but cant remember if it ever worked, i think it did so will test Monday....  kiosk mode comes to mind but clutching at straws now... catch up soon... HNY......

L2 Linker

I am experiencing the same issue currently, and have been for years. I can tell you I have personally requested an alternative solution be developed years ago. It is a complete pain to require there be an email client configured. Even if there is an email client configured, most the time the GP client will still error out and tell you "Email is not configured" - "Troubleshooting information cannot be sent".

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!