Management server failed to send phase 1 to client cord

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Management server failed to send phase 1 to client cord

L1 Bithead

Cannot commit due to error "Management server failed to send phase 1 to client cord". Any idea what to do with it?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

i don't think it was the whole mgmt server process. i used this command "debug software restart process cord" 

View solution in original post

L2 Linker

Hi @ErrylTobes 

Whenever a commit is performed on the firewall, management server is responsible to push the changes to all the respective process. Sometimes this can fail as we see in your case. 

This could be because of the cord process not responding or stopped. The best way is to check the status of the processes on the firewall by CLI command "show system software status" which provides the current status.
If the process is stopped, you can restart the process (as you did which resolved the issue) and you can also check the logs (In the mp-log > cord.log), if required.

A similar incident is discussed here.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

HI

Sometimes these errors are due to a process or daemon being busy at the time of pushing, did you try again ? if you did is it still not working ?

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

L1 Bithead

The error was going for a few days already. Tried to restart the management client cord and it resolved the error.

Do you mean you restarted the mgmt server process ?

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

i don't think it was the whole mgmt server process. i used this command "debug software restart process cord" 

Awesome, not seen that command before, I will remember it for future use! 

You should mark your post as answered! thank you for posting the resolution.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

L2 Linker

Hi @ErrylTobes 

Whenever a commit is performed on the firewall, management server is responsible to push the changes to all the respective process. Sometimes this can fail as we see in your case. 

This could be because of the cord process not responding or stopped. The best way is to check the status of the processes on the firewall by CLI command "show system software status" which provides the current status.
If the process is stopped, you can restart the process (as you did which resolved the issue) and you can also check the logs (In the mp-log > cord.log), if required.

A similar incident is discussed here.

Regards,

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!