Adding devices to Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Adding devices to Panorama

L0 Member

Our Panorama shows six devices but there are 11 - that I know of so far. I am not familiar enough with Palo/Panorama so forgive me if these are dumb questions. 

1. If I Add the missing devices to Panorama is there a license I need to be concerned about?

2. Can I add the devices to Panorama without templates or other settings being applied to them? I dont know what is what but would like to have everything in the dashboard as a starting point. 

3. Anything else I should be concerned about? i.e. software/firmware versions, credentials, etc 

Any help or links to the information will be much appreciated. 

TYIA

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @mschwarzRad ,

1. The minimum license for Panorama is 25 devices.  So, you have enough.  You can confirm under Panorama > Licenses.
  2. Yes, do not assign them when you add the devices.  https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/9-1/panorama-admin/manage-firewalls/add-a-firewall-as-a-m...
  3. The Panorama version must be greater or equal to the managed NGFWs.  If the other 5 devices are not in Panorama, you will need to import their configurations.  https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/9-1/panorama-admin/manage-firewalls/transition-a-firewall...

If you import the NGFWs to Panorama, there are 2 steps that are critical.

1. Export the device config bundle (step 5) before the 1st push.  This step deletes the local policies and objects.
  2. On the 1st push, select Force Template Values if you want to manage the Network and Device configuration from Panorama.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!