Migrate Panorama from Azure to ESXi is failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrate Panorama from Azure to ESXi is failed

L1 Bithead

I am trying migration Panorama with following procedure but have not succeeded, yet.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/8-1/panorama-admin/set-up-panorama/transition-to-a-differ...

Now I am in STEP10 and I tried commit to panorama and failed.

Error message is " Invalid configuration. Please fix errors and try again."
I can not solve this issue.
Anyone know how to solve. Or please tell me how to find errors ( I am beginner and can not find what errors are in Panorama)

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

L1 Bithead

I read this article but guess it is not match.
Now I change a point.
This time migration is from Azure to ESXI, therefore I wonder configuration file is different.
Is there any converter or something like it? anyone knows?  

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @kakuda.tomoyuki sorry to hear you are facing an issue.

Does it error just with: "Invalid configuration. Please fix errors and try again." or is there more details provided in the error? Usually, this is caused by mismatch in interfaces between Panorama VMs being migrated or some specific setting relate to VM. Have you tried to compare side by side exported running-config.xml from both VMs?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Hi, Pavel

Actually, there is no detail info. all I can see is the error message.
I attached screen shot. 

Sorry, I choose Japanese.

kakudatomoyuki_0-1637921804689.png

kakudatomoyuki_1-1637921856958.png

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @kakuda.tomoyuki

Would it be possible to navigate to: Panorama > Setup > Operations > Export named Panorama configuration snapshot > running-config.xml > OK from both Panorama VMs (The one you are migrating from and one you are migrating to), then compare these two files? You can use tool like WinMerge to do line to line comparison. With this you should be able to spot the difference that is causing incompatibilities between new VM and configuration being imported. I would also recommend to run the same PAN-OS version between both VMs.

Kind Regards

Pavel

L1 Bithead

Hello, @PavelK
Yes, I' already done it.
Case1. Comparison between Old panorama's running-config and New Panorama's running config -> many diffrences
Case2. Comparison between Old Panorama's runnning-config and New Panorama's candidate-config -> no difference
Those result is reasonable for me, because new panorama is just deployed on ESXI and import and load configuration from old panorama. I can not understand why new panorama never accept/commit it. Both Panorama version is same.

My understanding about Panorama configuration is mistake? I am confused a little.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply and sorry for getting back to you with delay @kakuda.tomoyuki

Last week, I had Palo Alto Professional Services in house and I used this opportunity to ask for your case. Unfortunately, they could not give me any advice from the information that are available. I would recommend either to open a support case or contact Palo Alto and book a project with Professional Services for this migration. The latter option will cost money.

Kind Regards

Pavel

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!