Panorama doesnt show traffic or threat logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama doesnt show traffic or threat logs

L1 Bithead

Hello Everyone,

I am in the middle of trying to fix an issue with Panorama unable to view traffic or threat logs. Here's the environment,

7 or 8 firewalls forwarding logs to a dedicated collector/group which is just 1 m-100 appliance running in logger mode.

We recently encountered this problem after which, restarted the log and management daemons on the collector and starting seeing the logs on collector. We also have log collector setup to forwarded to an external server which was receiving the latest logs too.

However Panorama still doesnt show any recent logs and last logs seen are 2 weeks ago. Below outputs show the collector is sending config and system 'only' which are indeed visible.

Source Daemon : unknown
Connection Id : 00XXXXXXXXX69
Log rate: 0
Log rate: 0
config 2020/06/15 08:51:41 18 2020/06/15 08:51:40 0
system 2020/10/12 07:32:16 627390 2020/10/12 07:32:00
threat 0
traffic 0
hipmatch 0
gtp 0
userid 0
iptag 0
auth 0
sctp 0

Collector is 'in-sync'  and connected. Attempts to restart the management daemon on panorama did not help, still trying to wonder why recent traffic or threat logs dont show up.

Edit: - When i go to collector configuration on Panorama GUI and hit statistics, no data is shown.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Last week I upgraded new latest version to 10.2.2h2. I lost ACC and Monitor logs. It's blank. Palo Alto TAC and I tried every cmds but still no results.  Palo Alto TAC says they're researching not sure how long it takes... 😞

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Community Team Member

Hi @Udupi ,

From your description I'm thinking the following needs to be checked:
1- FW sending logs ?  Can you check from the FWs perspective (show logging status) if the ACKs are coming to FW ?
2- LC not ingesting logs (process down/connection flapping/Throttling etc)
3- Panorama query to LC not working (check reportd)

Can you narrow down which side is the issue first ? With the current data, anything seems possible.

Hope this helps.

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi there,

Thanks for the inputs, totally forgot to reply back.

1. Yes the firewall is sending logs to collector.

2. Collector receiving the logs is also forwarding it successfully to external syslog/SIEM server which rules out firewall(s) here.

3. Panorama query is the problem i am currently troubleshooting. While its able to query log from LC prior to 2 weeks, any latest logs aren't seen. What sorta information should i be looking for under reportd? any specific hints, issues i should be concerned about?

@Udupi 

Are you able to see logs in CLI of Panorama?

On Panorama GUI under traffic logs click on refresh logs then run the below command from CLI

Try this command tail follow yes mp-log reportd.log

Look for below info 

* connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9200 failed: Connection refused
* Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9200: Connection refused
* Closing connection 0

Do you see above  in logs?

IF yes then you may need to restart Panorama .

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I got the same logs.. but instead of restarting the Panorama, restarting the management-server process resolved the issue.

Used 'debug software restart process management-server'

RSS

L0 Member

Last week I upgraded new latest version to 10.2.2h2. I lost ACC and Monitor logs. It's blank. Palo Alto TAC and I tried every cmds but still no results.  Palo Alto TAC says they're researching not sure how long it takes... 😞

L0 Member

Hi @Muqtar_Khan, did you get this latest issue resolved? I am having the exact same problem. Would you be able to share the solution if any?

Hello @caraym , Yes. My Panorama issue got solved. TAC is still doing an investigation and I can't wait. So, I took a decision to downgrade to a lower preferred version in which I look into OS Article and downgrade to 10.1.6-h6 from 10.2.2-h2.

I don't know what version you upgraded to? 

Support PAN-OS Software Release Guidance | Palo Alto Networks

Restarting the management server process on Panorama didn't seem to resolve the issue for us but then we rebooted the dedicated log collector and that fixed the problem and logs began to appear in Panorama. Our devices are running 10.1.11.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!