Restore Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Restore Panorama

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the process for restoring a Panorama (virtual appliance).   For example, say for whatever reason the Panorama appliance won't boot.

- How to backup the entire configuration for the restore ? Is this the option from Panorama > Setup > Operation > Export named Panorama configuration snapshot?

-  If the above is correct, do you then just download the Panorama OVA, deploy it and then import the file saved previously?

Is that all that is needed?  I'm assuming this process would lose all logs

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Well.... great follow up question.... you will need to generate another OTP (one time password) to "synch" the communication back to your Panorama.  I imagine that you can rebuild your panorama, and then re-issue another OTP from the Support Portal.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ce1028 

Yes that is right way to export the Panorama configuration and import it when needed.

Yes you will lose traffic logs going to Panorama if Panorama does not boot up.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I agree with @MP18 that the steps are that simple... There are a few others that also need to be performed.

Once the OVA is deployed, make sure you re-add in the serial number of the Panorama into the new Panorama.

You will want to ensure you have the same dynamic updates (or more current), and the same major (8.x, 9x. 10.x ) of the Panorama software.

L4 Transporter

@MP18 @SCantwell_IM 

Thanks for the info.  Excellent point on the license, forgot that one.  It does bring up a different question.  Does this process impact Cortex Data Lake or would that continue to work as normal?

Well.... great follow up question.... you will need to generate another OTP (one time password) to "synch" the communication back to your Panorama.  I imagine that you can rebuild your panorama, and then re-issue another OTP from the Support Portal.

thank you @SCantwell_IM .  

Thanks to both

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!