show system resources | match mgmtsrvr output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

show system resources | match mgmtsrvr output

L4 Transporter

I am having issues with panorama processing log.  Upon investigation, I see this:

(primary-active)> show system resources | match mgmt
16396 20 0 2944028 1.266g 8496 S 0.0 2.0 4573:26 mgmtsrvr

Does it mean that the mgmtsrvr is consuming a lot of memory? 

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dtran,

What number are you actually concerned with? You've highlighted NI which is just showing the nice value. 

L4 Transporter

@BPry:  I meant 1.266g.

We upgraded panorama from 9.1.10 to 9.1.11 at the recommendation of PAN TAC support.  An hour after the upgrade, we got this repeatedly every 45 minutes:

opaque: mgmtsrvr - virtual memory limit exceeded, restarting

In other words, the management server keeps restarting.  Even when I attempted to generate a TS bundle, it crashed.  To make the matter worst, the Standby panorama freeze up and had to be power OFF/ON but that lasted about two hours and it freezes up again.

Call into TAC support because this is an existing TAC case but the TAC engineer on the call has no freaking clue and he couldn't find any panorama "experts" to help him with the case.  I ended up rolling back to 9.1.10.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!