DNS issues after implementing GeoBlock policy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DNS issues after implementing GeoBlock policy.

L0 Member

Hey guys, wanted to see if I can can get any input on this here - had to Geoblock one of  the countries for inbound/outbound traffic completely. Everything was fine until I found out that one of the employees started having issues with email delivery to the certain customer - "domain of sender address xxxx@mydomain.com does not resolve customer.email@customerdomain.com". Turns out mail servers of this certain customer (as well as other server infrastructure) located in that Geoblocked zone. Tried to identify range of their public addresses and allow inbound/outbound dns and smtp applications from my mail server and on-prem dns servers (just in case).

Issue still exists. No problems/issues with incoming emails from customer.email@customerdomain.com.

Will appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Issue resolved, problem resided in the policy with the wrong DMZ zone assigned.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Query your traffic logs for denied traffic where your SMTP server is the source address.

L0 Member

Issue resolved, problem resided in the policy with the wrong DMZ zone assigned.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!