OneNote Extension File blocking

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

OneNote Extension File blocking

L0 Member

There has been an increase of reports of malware using One Note files in malware campaign but i dont see the .one extension listed in the file blocking list. 

I see the Microsoft Office, I am not sure if .one is included in that category but i dont really want to block all the office files just the .one files.

Could this the .one file extension be included in the file block list of extensions?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker
8 REPLIES 8

L2 Linker

would like to block these as well!

L2 Linker

I have opened a support case for this (02459142).  Hopefully we can get some sort of response on this one as it is being used in the wild currently.

Hey, have you got some feedback so far?

L2 Linker

This was Support's response:  "This feature is currently unavailable in the Paloalto firewall, However I can see that feature request has been raised for this particular application with the feature ID of Fr ID: 21209 you can contact your SE and he can Implement this feature request. Once feature request is implemented the particular application would be available in near future."

Now we have a plan to release file blocking signature for onenote application file. 

So could you please monitor the content update package release. 

Ok, thanks for letting me know. 🙂

Eventually 52345 has been released to cover "Onenote Document" as file blocking feature at  Applications and Threats Content Release Notes Version 8713. Sorry for my delay in sharing the info. 

L4 Transporter

Eventually 52345 has been released to cover "Onenote Document" as file blocking feature at  Applications and Threats Content Release Notes Version 8713. Apologize the delay in sharing the info. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!