Cisco Jabber - When connected to GP, calling starts having problems.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cisco Jabber - When connected to GP, calling starts having problems.

L0 Member

Hello, we have a HA setup of PA3220s running 9.0.6 software. We have zero issues with Jabber normally. Jabber does work outside thanks to Expressways in the DMZ. So it functions, including passing through the firewall, when not on GlobalProtect. Once connected to GP, however, chat still works but calling does not. I believe some calls go through but most do not.

I tested adding the Jabber exe to the split tunnel application exception list but that caused even more problems.

Has anyone dealt with getting these things to play nicely before?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

This is a forum for non-customers to request WildFire reconsideration of malicious sample verdicts observed in VirusTotal, so it is not the right place to submit your question.

Please open a Support case to have your issue investigated.

L4 Transporter

We had issues with GP and Jabber about a month ago. It seemed to explicitly affect people using Verizon iOS devices as hotspots. I was able to fix it by disabling the SIP ALG. It’s really simple—literally just a single checkbox. Worth a try. https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClEsCAK

L0 Member

Hello, Have you solved this issue with Jabber? I'm currently experiencing the same thing with some calls working fine over GP and then others just ring, but you can leave a voicemail, then other just don't work at all, then all the sudden they can talk. I did make some changes in config to get it to this point, but still not working great. Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!