False Positive Generic.ml pronamics

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

False Positive Generic.ml pronamics

L0 Member

Hi Team.

We design and build applications for many industries.
These applications include Estimation and Project Management software
Currently, one of our application EXE's are triggering alerts on VirusTotal.com, and we need to have this cleared as the files are safe.
What I am looking for is not only getting this whitelisted, but an explanation as to WHY this is flagged.

EPSnapShot.exe
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a7b2638f795a44ecb3e1fbbc9ac4546ac5061a0e097df4fb9218ba7518cc0651...

Palo Alto Networks Generic.ml

While we are certainly looking into signing our source code moving forward, we need to understand what the cause of this trigger is.
Signing will just authenticate us as being a legitimate business, which we are, established in 1997, but not eradicate the engine triggers.
We deliberately obfuscated source code data in order to protect our Intellectual Property. Standard practice for any code written IP.
If AV engines such as yours are flagging us for this practice, what can be done our end to minimise the footprint or flagging triggers?

Kind Regards
Adrian
Pronamics Support

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Thank you, appreciate the assistance.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L0 Member

File

File submitted for review. 

Also wanted to add if you're wanting to know why this file is being flagged, looking at the Behavior tab in VT will give you that information:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a7b2638f795a44ecb3e1fbbc9ac4546ac5061a0e097df4fb9218ba7518cc0651...

L0 Member

Agree about signing.I brought this up a few months ago when I started. This process has begun. Just also need this file cleared. Appreciate the quick response to my post. Cheers.

a7b2638f795a44ecb3e1fbbc9ac4546ac5061a0e097df4fb9218ba7518cc0651

This file is no longer seen as malware

L0 Member

Thank you, appreciate the assistance.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!