False Postive genercl.ml

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

False Postive genercl.ml

L1 Bithead

A product we develop is listed by you as a generic.ml detection.  Can you please have this removed by your engineers? 

VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/bafe7b47a322a74434c60cfcf8ea7702509642d3f907dd4a8446f4e4edd51bc6/d...

SHA-256

bafe7b47a322a74434c60cfcf8ea7702509642d3f907dd4a8446f4e4edd51bc6

I can send the file if needed.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

L1 Bithead

Hello,   Is there any update on this?  We're trying to ensure our customers don't have this dll flagged anymore since it's a false positive.  If more information is needed please let me know.  Thank you in advance.

Sending the file doesn't really help. We already have it.

You need to provide additional context. 

What is this DLL, what is its purpose, is it publicly available?

Any links to a reputable site that is hosting it?

The dll is a part of a software that we develop for out clients and it's released publicly to any of our paid subscribers.   I'm not sure what additional information to give on that but the dll is not malicious.   I'm just trying to get any false-positive addressed before this shows up directly on a clients installation.  Thank you in advance.

After further research I found the verdict on this sample was already changed to Benign by one of our Threat Researchers on 11/22. The signature is currently disabled.

Thank you!

Happy to help.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!