Virus total false positive, dll-files.com Client

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Virus total false positive, dll-files.com Client

L0 Member

Hi, 

We recently noticed a flag on our software at virustotal.com from your company. I believe this is a false positive. 

Our product is developed with strict security in mind and we've been promoting our brand online since 1998, first software in 2010 and the current one since June of last year. The software automates resolution of DLL errors on users' Windows machines.

We recently released a new version update on March 24, I believe the current flagging occurred after this. 

I would appreciate a whitelist if possible, or further information on the reason for flagging and anything we can do to comply with your security standards. 

Product: DLL-files.com Client

Version: 2.3

Signature: generic.pup

MD5: 22507f1cdcbedae0437fed110630e75c
SHA1: da553f89b2a5e68e112f17ae4628c589471f0975
SHA256: 6b1a9c62c1c0e084ea30bd9cbe991fe859938fea3a67378cb0abf400ac264816

(I can't seem to be able to attach the file here, but it is the same build on all download links on our website at dll-files.com, e.g.

https://download.dll-files.com/client/clientsetup_d-0.exe)

Thank you.

Regards

Björn Sundqvist

Market Manager DLL-files.com

1 accepted solution
3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

This has been submitted for internal review.

Thanks for the update, will await further notice!

/Bjorn

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!