VirusTotal Veredict False Positive Generic.ml

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VirusTotal Veredict False Positive Generic.ml

L1 Bithead

File Hash: f4b11f2ea564bcedaef047ddc49e198261dcf764a6b0e4e4ea370e611c7fe01d

Link to Virustotal report for the file: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/f4b11f2ea564bcedaef047ddc49e198261dcf764a6b0e4e4ea370e611c7fe01d...

Current VirustTotal Verdict: Generic.ml (1/71)

Description: Hi, the above is a library that we distribute with as part of our solution, we've been using this library for a while and paloalto network is the only engine reporting it as positive. We contacted the author, who denies the existence of malware and claims this to be a false positive. However, this report is undermining the reputation of our product. Can you please verify the false positive claim? Thank You!

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

The sample was found to be Benign.

View solution in original post

Sample is now marked Benign.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

I placed a request for FP analysis with our Malware analysts. Will let you know what we find.

The sample was found to be Benign.

Thank you for your quick response!

I realized that we submitted the file that was "re-signed" by our company. Would you mind to perform the same action on the original "signed by the author" file? Should I submit a new request? In case you can take it from here, these are the details of it:

File Hash: a24f2a1dc8901eb3dbf2425b95d49df4cba8c080dc548077e1275e5ca5567ed5

Link to Virustotal report for the file: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a24f2a1dc8901eb3dbf2425b95d49df4cba8c080dc548077e1275e5ca5567ed5...

Current VirustTotal Verdict: Generic.ml (1/71)

Description: This is the same library you flagged as benign, the only difference is the signature of it. Thank you again!

It is easier to track if you place a separate request, but I was able to catch this one so you don't need to.

I submitted this other sample to our malware analysts. I will let you know what we find.

Sample is now marked Benign.

Thank you!

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!