Commit error after version upgrade to v. 10.1.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commit error after version upgrade to v. 10.1.3

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

after an upgrade of my VM-100 from 9.1.12 to 10.1.3 version I receive a commit error.

The fw is in HA configuration, but this is down. The other fw is ooperating in 9.1.12 version.

On KB and communities I not have found a solution for this problem.

On commit force, I receive Server error: Commit job was not queued. Client logrcvr not connected. All daemons are not available.

I have restarted management process and logrcvr process without results.

After reboot of vm nothing change.

I think not have conflict of commit queues by different users.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Many thanks.

Max

Thi is the tasks manager screenshot:

aerspa_0-1638886178126.png

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post and sorry to hear you are facing an issue @aerspa

Based on your screen shot, the Auto Commit is failing. Without Auto Commit to be completed, your data plane interfaces / HA will be not functional.

It looks like you are using an EDL. If you are using custom EDL potentially you might be hitting what has been discussed in this thread: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/auto-commit-failing-interfaces-down-not-able-to-...

If the above is not the case, then I would try to downgrade to 10.0.8-h4.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @aerspa ,

I have run into similar issues before where the auto-commit fails.  I usually do a commit force on the CLI and troubleshoot from there.  In this case, it looks like your auto-commit is stuck.  Could you try clicking "Stop Job" for the auto-commit and then "commit force" on the CLI?

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Thanks to Pavel and Tom,

I have tried a downgrade but it's not work for incompatibility of config file version.

And I have tried to execute e commit force via CLI, but not work with an error on logrcvr functionality.

The EDL is used with Minemeld and I thought to disable it but I can't commit this change: it' a diabolic loop...

Best reagards.

Max

L2 Linker

Did you ever resolve this? What was your path to get past this bug? We are trying to upgrade multiple 220s from 9.1.13 to 10.0.X and it's failing on the auto-commit

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!