PA-VM no panarama, what does Export config & export device state do for me?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-VM no panarama, what does Export config & export device state do for me?

L1 Bithead

no panarama. so I have in the GUI or CLI

export named config snapshot

export configuration version

export device state.

What do those do for me?

or should I just tftp  the config from the commandline ?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Hi @dmoore-acc360 

- Export named config snapshot, will allow you to export saved configurations including candidate and running config. For example let say you are planning big firewall change and you want to have backup if you need to revert. You can save the running config and give it distigusable name (ex. "before-big-mess.xml"). Named config snapshot will allow you to export this config backup by specifing the name. Similarily you can export the current running or candidate config.

- Export configuration version will allow you to export one of the revisions that are automatically saved during commit. As the name suggest they don't have distigusable name, but rather a number - configurable number of revisions are stored, after that the oldest is deleted to free space for the latest.

- Export device state - in addition the running config other firewall state information files are added and exported as bundle. This include Panorama pushed templates and device group (if firewall is managed by panorama), and GlobalProtect information related to the LSVPN. This option is useful when replacing the firewall and wants to restore to the latest device state.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!