API keys for Autoscale with GWLB deployment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

API keys for Autoscale with GWLB deployment

L1 Bithead

We are attempting to deploy Cloud Formation Templates to create the autoscaling groups and firewalls but there are some steps around API keys that are confusing. From the pictures seen below, we are being asked for API keys for the panorama, and for the firewalls, and then the csp lisence key. My confusion points are as follows:

1. For the firewall API keys, we can't generate those as the firewalls aren't stood up yet. It's a chicken-and-egg scenario where it's asking for them in order to stand them up...???

2. Not really sure why it's asking for the csp license key as another step has us create an authcodes file and put it in the /license folder in the bootstrap location in s3.

Verac22_1-1677589320646.png

Verac22_0-1677589313584.png

Any insight into this is much appreciated!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

I eventually received a response from support. Apparently even though the API key looks different, it is still valid if generated on a device using a same user/password pair and then reused on a new device.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

I eventually received a response from support. Apparently even though the API key looks different, it is still valid if generated on a device using a same user/password pair and then reused on a new device.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!