PA cannot get update and cannot get internet access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA cannot get update and cannot get internet access

L2 Linker

HI,

I deployed PA firewall in AWS. NAT is running in PA firewall and I am not using AWS NAT . Now the problem is all my hosts behind the PA firewall can access to internet by using PA NAT and pass through the PA firewall.But My firewall unreachable to internet. PA cannot ping 8.8.8.8 .My PA unreachable to paloalto site to get update.So I cannot get update definition,firmware update.I try to edit service route but still got error. let me know how to fix it.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Now all are ok ready. i need to add service route for NTP and DNS.I also need to add access rule for NPT and DNS too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hello @crypto 

Did you already try to change the service routes? Updates are pulled using the management interface. As long as you do not facilitate NAT for this interface, you have to make use of other interfaces where Internet access is possible. 

hi,

I have three interface WAN,LAN and Management interfaces.I tried service route with other LAN interface.And then i also tried management interface as service route interface.but i still got this issue. I am using WAN interface as a NAT (WAN ) .If service route have any impact to operation ? Can i use WAN interface as source interface for service route and it is any impact to existing operaton ? 

Hi,

Now all are ok ready. i need to add service route for NTP and DNS.I also need to add access rule for NPT and DNS too.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!