Panorama HA (Active/Standby) Deployment in Azure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama HA (Active/Standby) Deployment in Azure

L2 Linker

Hello

Our company has opted to deploy Panorama and Palo Alto Firewalls in our Azure. I am planning to deploy Panorama in HA (Active/Standby) in Panorama mode in our Azure. I have some questions and hoping you guys can help me

I am using the below System Requirements

System Disk:  1 x 256 GB (Premium SSD)

CPU’s:  16

Memory: 64 GB

Logging Disks: 2TB

Azure VM Instance: D16s v4

1. Is there minimum PAN-OS Version requirement for the deployment in Azure?

2. How effective is the Active/Standby HA in the Azure?

3. What is the ideal Azure VM instance to deploy the Panorama?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi Ravindra,

it is hard to say what are the requirements for the Panorama in Azure, it is also important to know what are the use case. 

When you logs/sec are lower the 10,000 and you didnt want to manage more then 500 Devices then are the min requirements:

• 16 CPUs
  • 32 GM memory
  • 4x2TB Logging disks (or lower 2x2TB is also enough)

Then you can use a DS5_v2 vm instance type

Details are here https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/9-1/panorama-admin/set-up-panorama/set-up-the-panorama-vi...

1. there is no version requirements for Panorama in Azure it is again depends what are you trying to archive here but i use in the past the Version 9.1.4

2. I have already a lab running in Azure Panorama HA and i can't complain. It works really stable for me.

I hope i could help.

Regards,

Torsten

"With unity we can do great things"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi Ravindra,

it is hard to say what are the requirements for the Panorama in Azure, it is also important to know what are the use case. 

When you logs/sec are lower the 10,000 and you didnt want to manage more then 500 Devices then are the min requirements:

• 16 CPUs
  • 32 GM memory
  • 4x2TB Logging disks (or lower 2x2TB is also enough)

Then you can use a DS5_v2 vm instance type

Details are here https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/9-1/panorama-admin/set-up-panorama/set-up-the-panorama-vi...

1. there is no version requirements for Panorama in Azure it is again depends what are you trying to archive here but i use in the past the Version 9.1.4

2. I have already a lab running in Azure Panorama HA and i can't complain. It works really stable for me.

I hope i could help.

Regards,

Torsten

"With unity we can do great things"

Thank you very much

is there any link to setup active/passive in Azure.  How about HA link ? can we deploy in two different regions ? 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!