Stop Traps Agent on Mac

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Stop Traps Agent on Mac

L2 Linker

Wondering if anyone knows how to stop traps agent on mac?

4 REPLIES 4

L1 Bithead

The only way we could stop traps was to run the uninstall, perform the task that was halted by traps and reinstall.

L0 Member

Try this command:

cd /Library/Application\ Support/PaloAltoNetworks/Traps/bin/
sudo ./cytool runtime stop all

Sometimes I find you have to run this command to get cytool to run correctly. Haven't figured out why.

sudo ./cytool rpc enable all

Hi,

Please see the reference in the admin guide:

RPCs are used by the Traps agent and daemons to access persistent databases, change log levels, and connect or disconnect from the ESM Server.

We are looking into enhancing this flow in a future version.

Thanks!

Aviel

That explains why it's needed before running the check-in command. 

Can I request that the cytool runtime start command matches the Windows equivalent? Adding all to the macOS side drives me insane!

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!