Pan Migration Tool 2.06 support Migration from CP r75?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pan Migration Tool 2.06 support Migration from CP r75?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

i looked all around, and i didnt find an answer to that question,

please help,

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Hi,

it depends, if your config comes from an old config migrated to R75 probably you will find all the files we need to migrate, if not and you have only the rulebases_5_0.fws with the policies you have to twick a little bit the conf. Check this Using the Migration tool with Check Point R75.40

Hope it helps

Hi alestevez

Thank you,

it is from a new config, and i dont have the PolicyName.W file,

for some reason i can get to the link you provided,

it is the link that talk about making this file from the rulebases_5_0.fws?

with

cat c:\\PolicyName_pre.W | sed '/.*: (ReferenceObject/'{N\;N\;N\;N\;'s/.*: (ReferenceObject\n.*:Name (\(.*\)).*\n.*:Table

(.*)\n.*:Uid (.*)\n.*/ : \1/'} > c:\\PolicyName.W

?

cause if yes i tried it, and in MobaXterm i get an error : " sed: unmatched '/' "

and it create the new file with 0kb.

Can you help me with that please?

Thanks.

Hi,

From a linux box can you try this?

cat a.W | sed '/.*: (ReferenceObject/'{N\;N\;N\;N\;'s/.*: (ReferenceObject\n.*:Name (\(.*\)).*\n.*:Table (.*)\n.*:Uid (.*)\n.*/\t\t\t: \1/'} > PolicyName.W

where a.W is the file with the policy from your rulebases_5_0.C

Tell me if this works for you please

Hi,

Sorry for the delay,

i tried to run the command u wrote me in linux machine, and it looks better, the output file is not 0kb

but when i run it in the migration tool, under the section of "reading security rules" it said:

"This Rule:1 is only header"  ---  rule has not been added. omiting.

any idea?

and can you please tell me exactly from where to where i need to copy from the rulebases_5_0.fws file.?

Thanks.

Hi,

First, please download the new image 2.1 form our main page in the community

Now open your rulebases file and copy from ##your policy until the last ) corresponding with your config, save it on a diferent file, now use this new file as the PolicyName.W in your migration process and Click on a new check button called Fix R75.40" in the screen when you add a new project "checkpoint" in the migration tool and we will do all the work for you

Try it please and write here your feedback

Thanks

Hello,

Can you provide a link to the new image?  I'm unable to locate it.

Thanks,

Hi,

Is Inside the Firewall Migration community. Do you have access to it?

Regards

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!