XML API user-id connected server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XML API user-id connected server

Not applicable

i have successfully setup the XML API using the example provided in the documentation and it is working fine.

i used kiwi syslog and vb script.

when monitoring using the User-ID agent (version 4.1.5-1) i notice that my Active Directory servers how as connected but my one syslog server shows disconnected with hundreds of entries each having a different port.  it is almost like each time the script runs a new connection is made and then disconnected.

here is an example :

Server                              TYpe          Status

10.240.2.68:61409          XML API     Disconnected (XML API)

10.240.2.68:61665          XML API     Disconnected (XML API)

10.240.2.68:61921          XML API     Disconnected (XML API)

is this normal or is there a way to keep one connection open for the syslog server?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi,

This is how Kiwi syslog works:

- Match a line

- Execute a script

if you don't want a new connection each time, you have to write another script that stay connected to the Agent

and you have to modify the current script to publish the User/IP Mapping to the local script instead the UID agent.

Please note that the UID-Agent can support up to 100 simultaneous connection and if a connection is up 10 min without any message, the connection will be dropped (you can send some keepalive if you want).

Not applicable

Hi Mark Miller,

Did you successfully setup the XML API with Kiwi Syslog and managed to get UID Agent updated the ip-user-mapping? Do you mind to share how do you did it?

I had setup the Kiwi Syslog with the VB script but it doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!