cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

AD Cloud Identity Sync - computer description

L3 Networker

Hi,

I synchronise our on perm Active Directory to the Cortex XDR and this is working well. I'm creating some reports using XQL quires based on pan_dss_raw dataset. My only problem with this, that in the Schema I can't find computer's "Description" which in our case contains some important information which would be nice to have in any report. Is anyway to synchronise this attribute with Cortex XDR?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi @Piotr_Kowalczyk, thanks for reaching us using the Live Community.

You can't sync the "Description" field coming from the AD.

If you go to Settings - Configuration - Data Management - Dataset Management and look for the dataset called "pan_dss_raw", then do a right click and select "View Schema". You will see there all the attributes supported and synced from the AD.

The CIE integration is primarily for analytics, user normalization and improve the policy assignment rules using OUs or Groups.

If this post answers your question, please mark it as the solution.

JM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi @Piotr_Kowalczyk, thanks for reaching us using the Live Community.

You can't sync the "Description" field coming from the AD.

If you go to Settings - Configuration - Data Management - Dataset Management and look for the dataset called "pan_dss_raw", then do a right click and select "View Schema". You will see there all the attributes supported and synced from the AD.

The CIE integration is primarily for analytics, user normalization and improve the policy assignment rules using OUs or Groups.

If this post answers your question, please mark it as the solution.

JM

L3 Networker

Thank you!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!