Broker VM compatible with VMware ESXi 6.7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Broker VM compatible with VMware ESXi 6.7

L2 Linker

Hi,

I have a Cortex XDR Pro per Endpoint and I downloaded the OVA to install a Broker VM.

The name of the OVA image that I downloaded from XDR management console is broker-vm-17.0.52.ova.

The problem is that OVA image is vmx-19 and is not compatible with my VMware ESXi, 6.7.0, 17700523.

The maximum hardware version compatible with VMware ESXi 6.7 is vmx-15.

Even that in documentation is mentioned that OVA it's for  VMware ESXi 6.0  or later this image (vmx-19) require minimum VMware ESXi 7.0U2.

It's possible to download an older OVA image for Broker VM?

Regards,
Cosmin
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Update: 

Regards,
Cosmin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi @CosminM ,

Thanks for posting to our Live Community Forum! Would you please open a support issue with our Customer Support team to review and assist you?

Thanks,

Silviu

Silviu-Mihail Dascalu

L2 Linker

Hi @SilviuMihailDascalu,

I follow your suggestion and I opened a TAC case for my issue.

Regards,
Cosmin

Tahnks @CosminM ,

Please let us know the resolution of this.

Thanks,

Silviu

Silviu-Mihail Dascalu

L2 Linker

Hi,

It's confirmed that is indeed an issue and will be corrected in the future.

As a work around, we can do the following steps:

• unzip the OVA file, i use 7zip for that
  • open OVF file with a text editor, replace "<vssd:VirtualSystemType>vmx-19</vssd:VirtualSystemType>" with "<vssd:VirtualSystemType>vmx-13</vssd:VirtualSystemType>" and save the file
  • login to the VMware ESXi hypervisor and deploy the Broker VM using OVF and VMDK files.
Regards,
Cosmin

L2 Linker

Update: 

Regards,
Cosmin
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!