Broker VM registration failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Broker VM registration failed

L4 Transporter

Hello!

It's been awhile, since I registrated a Broker VM, but this time I only get these errors:

Failed on activate request (connection error) with exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='distributions.traps.paloaltonetworks.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /ping/ (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f328bb1df10>, 'Connection to distributions.traps.paloaltonetworks.com timed out. (connect timeout=10)'))

What can this be?

How do I test, if the broker vm is connecting? On our firewall I can see, this connection goes into a timeout. 

BR

Rob

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

It was the firewall and reinstall the vm.

BR

Rob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi @RFeyertag,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues.  

One thing to make sure of is that the Broker VM has the adequate network permissions to make the needed connection.  I've seen some other customer install Broker VM in locations where it doesn't have the necessary permissions and errors like this have come back.

If this is a critical issue I highly suggest submitting a support case on this issue as it's the fastest way to get it resolved. You'll be able to provide log files to our engineers who can pinpoint your issues faster than we'll be able to through LIVEcommunity.

Hello @anlynch

probably yes, the support is faster and it is a critical state. But I try to get faster hints from the community, because it is often a little checkbox or something like that. 

Ticket was opened hopefully today by our CSP. 

The firewall was opened for this two machines (have the same interneal IPs like the dead Broker VMs --> but other FQDN) to the whole internet. 

In this case my core team doesn't know further analyzing this issue. 

BR

Rob

It was the firewall and reinstall the vm.

BR

Rob

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!