clipboard functionality

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

clipboard functionality

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys,

Bit of a weird one but has anyone experienced issues with office add ins that uses the clipboard functionality?

seem to be having intermittent errors with it and it just straight up not working.

Tried removing the cortex agent from one or two systems and it seemed to have restored clipboard functionality to the add in, one still did continue with errors after it was removed though.

I cant see any logs in cortex that would suggest it was blocking this so I am not 100% sure cortex is causing the issue but i just thought i would ask here and see if anyone had anything similar.

Agent version is 7.7.8

27 REPLIES 27

We have the same issue on 2 clients with Office2016  in Excel (Iso Installer, Not the Click to run  Version), W10,  "agentVersion" : "7.8.0.64264",

It affects here also Office 2016, but I remember that I had a day ago also the problem to copy/paste a Link from Edge Brower to Teams
and also from Browser to Palo Alto Case Window for example. When I tried to paste, the Browser Window was frozen. So it's maybe a bigger problem and affects all Clipboard things.

L3 Networker

Hi @Rindsland @MarioStockinger 
This issue is being investigated and we will have permanent solution soon. You will receive updates on your cases when there is any development on this matter.

If any others also facing same problem, I would suggest them to create a support case as TAC team can help to address the same.

Seems to be mostly issues with Office apps we are 2016 also and we are now running into issues with opening excel or word attachments from outlook, claiming the attachment is corrupt.

Only way around it is disabling the protected view in excel and word

I would need that support exception also, do I need to open a case by myself also? Same clipboard issue.

--
PA-440, PA-1410, Cortex XDR

L3 Networker

Hi @AriKukkonen ,
Yes, please raise a case.

L1 Bithead

Yes open a ticket. I did so and within 5 Minutes palo alto called me and the support created a exception rule to (hopefully) solve the issue. We have to do more testing if the issue with the clipboard and excel is solved so i cant tell for sure.

L5 Sessionator

Hi All,

We are pleased to apprise you that a hotfix version of Cortex XDR agent version 7.8.0.64264 was released yesterday which addresses this known issue on previous version of 7.8.0 and now you would not require the support exception once upgraded to the hotfix agent version. 

For more details, please read here:  https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/7-8/cortex-xdr-agent-release-notes/cortex-xdr-ag....

L1 Bithead

How can i check if the clients got the hotfix version ?  .64264 was releases several days ago so there seems to be no difference in the Build Number ?

Hi @MarioStockinger ,

Though this is dynamic by nature for tenants to tenants, however, from standard reference using the document updation date. Whenever there is a hotfix patch that needs to be pushed, the hotfix agent is pushed and the old agent package is removed from the server. 

If there are still issues and you are on this agent version, recommendation is to reach out to our Technical Support Team.

L1 Bithead

Well the hotfix you are referring  to was for W7 / Server 2008 R2 - we  had the issues on W10 / W11 clients. We have to do more testing if the support exception solved it. We will see after the weekend.

L2 Linker

I received a message from PAN support on Friday that Content Update 660-13069 resolves the issue. I have not been able to test and verify yet.

Same here, Customer Support told me that content update version 660-13069 will fix the issue for all Windows Systems.

Support fix will be no longer needed, when the latest Content Update is applied.
I hope they will test new Releases in the future better to avoid such trouble.

• 27 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!