Cortex XDR clean-up activity

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR clean-up activity

L2 Linker

Hi All,

I have been assigned a task where i need to do cleanup in Cortex xdr, this is specifically for agent clean-up to determine how may more licenses we required.

I need to understand what all things I should check and perform.

Regards

Asif Siddiqui

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi Asif, 

In terms of Manage Cortex XDR Agents, you have manual and automatic configuration options to support your agent cleanup task. If you have an endpoint that you no longer want to track through the Cortex XDR management console, for example if the endpoint disconnected from the Cortex XDR management console, or an endpoint where the Cortex XDR agent was uninstalled, you can manually Delete Cortex XDR Agents from the management console views. 

Cortex XDR also automatically deletes agents after a long period of inactivity. The period of inactivity on standard agents can be modified within the Global Agent Configurations - Step 6. By default standard agents are deleted after 180 days of inactivity. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Temporary Sessions (TS) agents are deleted after 6 hours of inactivity.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hi Asif, 

In terms of Manage Cortex XDR Agents, you have manual and automatic configuration options to support your agent cleanup task. If you have an endpoint that you no longer want to track through the Cortex XDR management console, for example if the endpoint disconnected from the Cortex XDR management console, or an endpoint where the Cortex XDR agent was uninstalled, you can manually Delete Cortex XDR Agents from the management console views. 

Cortex XDR also automatically deletes agents after a long period of inactivity. The period of inactivity on standard agents can be modified within the Global Agent Configurations - Step 6. By default standard agents are deleted after 180 days of inactivity. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Temporary Sessions (TS) agents are deleted after 6 hours of inactivity.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!