High memory consumption on newer agent versions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

High memory consumption on newer agent versions

L3 Networker

Hello everyone,

I have sporadic servers in our environment producing high memory consumption with the XDR agent. Cyserver.exe will climb to 350-400mb in some instances until the service is rebooted and it brings it down to an acceptable level. Has anyone else had this issue before? It's not on all devices either which makes it a pain to troubleshoot. Any ideas on what to look at? All agents are on 7.3.1 currently. Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker
Hi CraigV123,

Is there a specific function/purpose on those servers that you observe?
Like AD, SQL or specific task happening during that time of the day its
causing high cpu?

L3 Networker

Thanks for the response. It's a backup server and doesn't get a lot of traffic throughout the day but I'm awaiting the owning engineers confirmation on that. I'll update when I know more. Thanks again. 

My apologies on the delayed response. We couldn't find any rhyme or reason exactly. Ended up updating the agent and it has been working alright since. Not sure what happened exactly but I did the same on other servers experiencing the same symptoms and it didn't help. 

Hi CraigV123,

So server is still an issue on high memory? how much memory are you seeing constantly on that backup servers?

Doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. The engineer just said "it's running fine." It's been extremely rare that I've heard of issues with XDR in terms of memory consumption. I had some servers that process medical images that would cause the XDR process to spike then return to normal. Not an "issue" but XDR was being blamed for crashing the boxes. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!