Host Firewall disabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Host Firewall disabled

L1 Bithead

What impact it shows on the machines when the Host firewall is Default(Firewall disabled) selected on any Group.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi @VineethArumulla,

Thanks for reaching out through LIVEcommunity!

Can you please clarify your question?  I'm not sure what you're asking and I'd love to be able to help you out!

L4 Transporter

Hi @VineethArumulla 

Regarding your Query above i.e. what will be the impact when the Host firewall is Default(Firewall disabled) selected on any Group. If I understood correctly you are referring to default profile for Host firewall which is "Host Firewall - Windows (Default (Host Firewall Disabled)) or Host Firewall - macOS (Default (Host Firewall Disabled)) " as shared in below screenshot for Windows Platform as reference .

Host Firewall - Windows (Default (Host Firewall Disabled)).png

There will not be any impact on the group of endpoints on which this profile is used in the Extensions policy rules. Reason being as you may see there is no rule configured in the Internal and External Rule groups as the name states its default (It is Default host firewall configuration profile for Windows agents).

Hope that answers your question! Please mark "Accept as Solution" if it does.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!