How to Disconnect a Firewall from Cortex Data lake and connect with XDR ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to Disconnect a Firewall from Cortex Data lake and connect with XDR ?

L2 Linker

Hi

We are migrating our devices from CDL to XDR. We connected our Prisma Access with the XDR and getting logs for the SD-WAN ion devices. Sincne On Prem Firewalls are connected with the existing CDL, im not getting proper documentation for shifting the onprem firewalls to XDR tenant.

The documents are not much helpful. They only mention straight forward tasks like generate OTP and add firewall. but my issue is I dnt see any firewalls available to connect in XDR.

Ariq_Aziz_0-1705289392728.png

MY understanding is that i have to disconnect it from CDL then i have to create new deivce cert so that it can connect with XDR.

Anyone done similar things ? Any reference will be helpful. 

Thanks

ARIQ

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi Ariq_Aziz, 

You will need to open a support case to disassociate the firewall from the CDL . Reference How to Open A Support Case

Also, please take a look at this how to video which walks through the steps of onboarding a PANW NGFW directly to Cortex XDR Pro. LIVEcommunity - Cortex XDR 3.6 Feature Review: NGFW Collection Integration - LIVEcommunity - 543367 ...

If you found this answer helpful please select Accept as Solution.

Thank you!

If you found this answer helpful, please select Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi Ariq_Aziz, 

You will need to open a support case to disassociate the firewall from the CDL . Reference How to Open A Support Case

Also, please take a look at this how to video which walks through the steps of onboarding a PANW NGFW directly to Cortex XDR Pro. LIVEcommunity - Cortex XDR 3.6 Feature Review: NGFW Collection Integration - LIVEcommunity - 543367 ...

If you found this answer helpful please select Accept as Solution.

Thank you!

If you found this answer helpful, please select Accept as Solution.

L2 Linker

Thanks a lot mate ! you just saved the world. I have already opened a case. And thanks again for sharing that video. I was desperately looking for something like that. It seems that I'm on the right track and once my device gets dissociate from CDL, I will be able to connect with XDR 😁

Cheers

ARIQ

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!