Outlook stops syncing with Cortex XDR enabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Outlook stops syncing with Cortex XDR enabled

L0 Member

We have 2 Cortex tenants with a total of about 600 users. We encountered an issue where Outlook 365 will show "Needs password" and will not connect to Office 365 to sync. The only way to get it to sync is to stop the Cortex service. Once Outlook connects, you can enable it again, and be fine for a day or two, then it will do it again. 

I'm not 100% sure it is Cortex causing it, and I have only had 2 computers with this issue. We reinstalled Office and Cortex on one with no resolution. We went back to 7.9018674 on the other, and it appears to be working, but will start behaving the way it was when it is updated to the newest version. I haven't seen anything online to indicate Cortex would cause this, and there are no alerts for these users, and Cortex doesn't show anything being blocked in the Application on the computer. 

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this, or where I can look for more information?

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hi @Jeff.Sale,

Thank you for writing to Live Community. Sounds like you've done your research and it seems indeed Cortex is causing this though there shouldn't be any apparent reason.

I would highly suggest opening a support ticket through our support portal so that one of our support engineers can take a deeper look at this.

Hope this helps.

Visit our Cortex XDR Customer Corner on Live Community to access resources for your product journey, engage in discussions with community members and subject matter experts, and register for upcoming events: Cortex XDR Customer Corner

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!