Upgrading from Cortex XDR prevent to XDR pro

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrading from Cortex XDR prevent to XDR pro

L2 Linker

Hi All,

Finally we will be upgrading our Cortex xdr prevent to the pro version. Though we would be getting professional services support on this, I need to understand the entire project plan for this Can anyone help me understand as I would be leading this in my organization.

I need to know the prerequisites , the actual process, and post upgrade things.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

L1 Bithead

Hi Asif,

You can get full documentation for the PRO and all its' capabilities here:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/cortex-xdr-pro-admin.html

Just one important note. Don't forget to enable the pro capabilities in the agent profile under "XDR Pro Endpoints"

epalcev_0-1637051765302.png

Evgeny (Eugene) Palcev | Senior Customer Success Architect, Cortex

L5 Sessionator

To add, the Pro/Prevent backend is the *exact same.* So really all the change that occurs is PAN allows you to check the "Pro Endpoint Capabilities" box, and then that data is now feeding the data lake and you are seeing more of it in the console. Have migrated many customers to pro, since you already have agents deployed most of your heavy lifting is done already.

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

L1 Bithead

For the CSP account how to upgrade that from prevent to pro is there any steps or backend after the order it will be updated automatically?

L0 Member

Thank you for sharing the information. Prestige Park Grove

L0 Member

Very Good Information, It will help Every One  Prestige City Hyderabad

L0 Member

Hello

There are post-installation tasks and things to think about after the upgrade. This could entail training your team on any new features, testing the new configuration, and guaranteeing data integrity. What particular worries or expectations do you have for the post-upgrade period?

Thank you

Nikki Harris

Provident Botanico

Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data transferred during the upgrade. Verify that all essential data, configurations, and settings are correctly migrated.

Provident Botanico

L0 Member

I wanted to express my gratitude for your insightful contribution to this discussion. Your post was both enlightening and engaging, showcasing your talent for simplifying complex ideas. by Prestige Clairemont

L0 Member

I wanted to express my appreciation for your insightful contribution to this discussion. Your post was enlightening and thought-provoking, demonstrating your ability to simplify complex concepts for a wider audience. By Birla Ojasvi

L0 Member

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your thoughtful go into our conversation. Your insightful and thought-provoking post showed how you can make difficult ideas understandable to a larger audience. Written by The Prestige City Hyderabad

Prestige Pine Forest project provides a variety of home options to meet a wide range of needs and tastes.

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!