Problem with file uploading

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem with file uploading

L1 Bithead

I'm getting an error while trying to upload a 2.2MB plain-text file, the webgui only shows this message:

Failed to upload file to war room. Error: K(...) is null

What's the file size limit for uploads?

Thanks

Automation is my passion!
5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

Hey Saul,

There is no hard limit to the file size in the war room.

Some things to try:

1. Try additional files, perhaps it's a problem with this particular file.
  2. Check the debug log bundle (Settings>About>Troubleshooting) / journalctl on the system, it might provide more info about the error.
    1. For example maybe the OS is preventing the file upload due to an SELinux restriction for example
  3. Feel free to open a support ticket for this sort of issue, as it is outside of a standard implementation question which this discussions board is more suited for. Be sure to include logs for them to review.

Forgot to mention this one,

4. Make sure that the disk usage on your system is not maxed out.

L1 Bithead

Thanks for the reply, the problem was due to an NGINX that is in front of our XSOAR instance.

Hi @saulvargas 

Can I just check that this was an issue with the upload file size restrictions in NGINX ? I had a similar problem and that is what solved it for me, just wanted to get clarification that I had not missed anything.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

L1 Bithead

We didn't changed the NGINX configuration as we are able to access the server directly, the NGINX is the front for other users, I cannot confirm that changing the upload limit works, but that seems to be the cause.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!