TLS Error XSOAR gui

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TLS Error XSOAR gui

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

Bit of an odd one this, for seemingly no reason my browser started the tls client hello with tls v1 instead of v1.2 this meant that although xosar was up and running I was unable to get  to the login page as xsoar was resetting the connection, regardless of what I tried I could not fix or even pin down the issue to a root cause.

fast forward to this morning and I fired up xsoar and got to the login no problem at all, my question is, does anybody know of anything on xsoar that may have caused this or where is the best place to look? or do we just think my PC had a moment with itself and leaving it switched off fixed it ?

Cheers All,

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Since TLSv1.0 has been deprecated, not being able to login was by-design - RFC 8996: Deprecating TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1

I'm logged into an XSOAR 6.2 instance via Chrome and went to settings (3 dots) > More tools > Developer tools > Security > Overview and was able to verify that my browser is connected via TLSv1.3:

Screenshot 2021-07-30 161803.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Since TLSv1.0 has been deprecated, not being able to login was by-design - RFC 8996: Deprecating TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1

I'm logged into an XSOAR 6.2 instance via Chrome and went to settings (3 dots) > More tools > Developer tools > Security > Overview and was able to verify that my browser is connected via TLSv1.3:

Screenshot 2021-07-30 161803.png

This is true @atullo and for very good reason as well, the issue in this case is more that I was trying to work out why the client hello was in tls1.1 as it seemed odd, and I was far from convinced that the XSOAR server would haev been requesting the downgrade, however I think the blame can be squarely aimed at a chrome/windows 10 moment of stupidity.

A rebbot did not fix it but with no action taken on the XSOAR server I could log in as if nothing had happened th following day.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!