cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Using Dev/Prod Configuration as a test environment for noisy integrations

L3 Networker

Hello all, 

I am working with XSOAR 8 Hosted and configuring a Dev/Prod environment. I have two critical questions regarding this. 

Can the dev environment be used to test noisy integrations that produce many alerts in a controlled way without impacting the prod environment ?

Secondly, the main intention for us with the dev/prod configuration is not to push changes from the dev to prod. Can changes still be made on the production environment directly without using any private repo or dev environment directly?

I am looking to have a dev environment for tests and debugging purposes only for playbooks and integrations whilst keeping the production env stable and separate. From all the webinars and documentation on this topic I understand that there is a main focus on custom integration development and pushing new content to prod. We just want to keep the dev env separate. 

Many thanks, 

MR

Cortex XSOAR 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hello Michael,

From your question I am not certain as to why you would like to setup Dev to Prod if you don't plan on using the configuration to push your changes from Dev to Prod. You could still have your Dev and Prod separate if this is not implemented and just make whichever playbook or other changes manually by downloading all dependencies from Dev and moving them to Prod. From your description of what you aim to achieve I would not recommend setting up Dev to Prod as you will not be reaping any of the benefits of this configuration. And on the contrary, it will be something else that if not correctly handled could make you push unintended changes to Prod.

Regarding your first inquiry, we want to test out the alerts and any other notifications in our Dev environment before moving any changes to Prod. I recommend taking a look at our server configs in case there is something here you would like to tweak: https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XSOAR/6.12/Cortex-XSOAR-Administrator-Guide/Server...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hello Michael,

From your question I am not certain as to why you would like to setup Dev to Prod if you don't plan on using the configuration to push your changes from Dev to Prod. You could still have your Dev and Prod separate if this is not implemented and just make whichever playbook or other changes manually by downloading all dependencies from Dev and moving them to Prod. From your description of what you aim to achieve I would not recommend setting up Dev to Prod as you will not be reaping any of the benefits of this configuration. And on the contrary, it will be something else that if not correctly handled could make you push unintended changes to Prod.

Regarding your first inquiry, we want to test out the alerts and any other notifications in our Dev environment before moving any changes to Prod. I recommend taking a look at our server configs in case there is something here you would like to tweak: https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XSOAR/6.12/Cortex-XSOAR-Administrator-Guide/Server...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!