Expedition issue: Security policies not merging automatically(While trying to migrate from ASA to PA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition issue: Security policies not merging automatically(While trying to migrate from ASA to PA

Hello,

We are trying to migrate the CISCO ASA configuration to the Palo Alto using expedition and we have imported the ASA config to the expedition by clicking on "Group access-lists by remarks". 

We have around 38K access lists on Cisco ASA and the security policies on the Palo alto firewall is not merging as expected.  We did migrations before and the access-lists around 30K are shrinked to around 2800.

Currently expedition is running on 1.1.58.1. We are not able to identify the root cause and expecting assistance on this.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Santosh

8 REPLIES 8

L5 Sessionator

Do you get the expected results if you do not mark the option of Grouping ACL's?

Thank you for the response  Dgildelaig

Regardless of marking and non-marking the Merge option, the acl count is the same.

Can you contact us to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com and we can check why may be some ACLs missing?
If you have already identified any missing ACL in the migration, provide also some information about it, in case we spot what specific that ACL may have that we did not support yet.

Hello,

The ACL's are not missing, however the issue is with ACL merging. We have around 30000 security policies. 

For suppose, if we have 10 rules with source, same destination port and with 10 destinations, Ideally the expedition should merge this to single rule, but this is not happening now.

Can you please help us on this matter. 

Absolutely,

Please contact with me at fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com to schedule a session

L0 Member

I've imported the base config from the pano and imported the cisco asa config i want to merge into the base config. i copy over the network and vsys and interfaces and objects and policies, then get the export and when i load it into the palo fw the config doesn't show the cisco policies

@FranciscoAgu
Before you export the panorama config , please create a new device group and template for this specific asa migration, so when you merge it , you can drag and drop the objects to the device group and template accordingly

I tried what you suggested and that worked. Thank you, that did the trick. I appreciate the assistance. 

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!