240GB Raid SSD Upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

240GB Raid SSD Upgrade

L0 Member

Hey guys, we are upgrading our PA-5050s drives from a single 120GB SSD to two 240GB SSDs and I was wondering how long this will take? I assume it will be pretty quick since we are installing two identical fresh 240GB drives but I wasn't sure how long it takes to build the raid and bootup after this. I can't find much in the install docs and I am trying to schedule the maintenance window.

I've done drive replacements/upgrades before but not with RAID so that's the only portion I'm unclear on.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi,

this Document will help you

Configuring RAID and disk backup on PA-5000 series

Upgrade procedure from 120 to 240 is included

Regards

Marco

L4 Transporter

It depends how full is your 120GB.   As Marco provided the instruction.  It is a multi step procedure

Power down to inside the first 240, and let the 120 raid with the 240.  The time needed depend on how full is your 120 drive.

Power down again, remove the 120 and put the 2nd 240 into the firewall.  The RAID will sync with the new drive.  That will be it..

Hope this helps,

E

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!