Alarms - Log DB size over threshold

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Alarms - Log DB size over threshold

L4 Transporter

Hi guys,

It looks like our PA-2050 is not purging old log files from the database. When we log in to the Web UI we get alarms like this:

LogAlarms.png

According to the documentation this error shouldn't occur. The PA box should automatically purge old log entries when the DB reaches 80% of the total DB size. Any ideas what we could do/check here?

Thanks,

Oliver

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

I had the same problem (or maybe worst). My PA 200 restarted twice because of this problem.

Techsupport recomend to upgrade to 4.1.8 and CLEAR logs ...

Since 2 weeks after I upgraded device I havent problem with accidental restarts but alarm log is full of entries like: "'Current size(93 MB) of config log database exceeds alarm threshold value(90%) of total allowed size(96 MB)."  or "Current size(762 MB) of traffic log database exceeds alarm threshold value(90%) of total allowed size(773 MB)."

With regards

Slawek

Thanks for the tip. We also noticed recently that the active device restarted about two weeks ago. We first didn't notice as we have a passive device in place as well. It's good to know that it has probably to do with the log issue.

We'll try to upgrade to 4.1.8 as soon as we can. Currently we're running on 4.1.6.

Thanks,

Oliver

Thanks Slawek!
This could be an important information. I have some PA-2020's with unexpected reboots.
Technical Staff recommended to upgrade to 4.1.8 but I had another reboot with this SW Release already Smiley Sad
I'll try to clear the Logs and will give an update in 2 and 4 weeks ...Regards

Regards

Jörg

Yes, its working now. No more unexpected reboots the last 6 Weeks.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!